From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [warning] the bug queue has 118 bugs
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:32:20
1 On Wednesday 15 of December 2010 17:03:12 Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:25 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr."
3 >
4 > <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
5 > > By the way, we have a nice team of arch and herd testers - how about
6 > > encouraging them to wrangle some bugs?
7 >
8 > Yeah, I just came here to say this. One certainly doesn't need to have
9 > completed the developer quizzes to sort bugs.
10
11 Well, before I became developer, I had a quite unproductive discussion on IRC
12 with Jeroen on that matter (jer opting for status quo and telling me I have no
13 idea what bug wrangling is :P)
14
15 It all started by Yngwin's post:
16 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-702248-highlight-contributions.html
17
18 Some ideas were proposed such as lowering requirements for bug wranglers or
19 recruiting them as staff (so bypassing ebuild quizzes).
22 regards
23 MM