From: Francesco Riosa <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING or the net dependency
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:46:50
1 Roy Marples ha scritto:
2 > On Sunday 22 October 2006 19:47, Luca Longinotti wrote:
3 >> Hmmm from how I understood it, basically you cannot provide something
4 >> that already exists (so if there is a mysql init script, you can't
5 >> provide mysql in another init-script), but you can make up some fancy
6 >> name to do that?
7 >> Fex: dev-db/mysql installs both
8 >> /etc/init.d/mysql
9 >> /etc/init.d/mysqlmanager
10 >> both are able to provide some mysql server service, so with baselayout
11 >>
12 >>> 1.13 we would just make both provide "mysqld" (notice the ending d),
13 >> and that should work, right?
14 >
15 > Bingo.
19 > Although it would be better to work the other way - mysqld provides mysql.
20 > Just my 2c though :)
21 ^^^ I do agree a lot with this one, CHTEKK you really don't want to fix
22 all the init.d scripts that depend upon "mysql"
23 --
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list