From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: killing mediawiki
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 17:32:30
1 On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 11:08:10AM +0200, Nils Freydank wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2018, 19:39:43 CEST schrieb William Hubbs:
3 > > All,
4 > >
5 > > some of us have talked about this on IRC off and on, but I want to bring
6 > > it up here as well.
7 > >
8 > > I don't care that we have a wiki, but can we please look into killing
9 > > mediawiki and look at something with a git backend?
10 > What about https://github.com/Git-Mediawiki/Git-Mediawiki?
11 > "Gate between Git and Mediawiki" sounds as it would be the right extension
12 > while mediawiki can be kept.
13
14 I looked at this first, and it is very hard on the server.
15 Every pull or clone you do to update things works like an initial clone,
16 so it takes pretty massive resources.
17
18 William