From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dropping slotted boost
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:31:18
1 Given the amount of headaches that Boost seems to give us all, now
2 thanks to the recent changes even more because Gentoo's boost is
3 different from all others and no upstream default check seem to work
4 correctly with it, I'm questioning the usefulness of having it slotted.
5
6 Among other things, with each GCC/GLIBC update all but a handful of
7 slots are kept working; in this case I think most if not all <1.50 are
8 broken.
9
10 So given that it's a PITA for the maintainers, a PITA for the users,
11 eselect boost has been shown to be a bad idea and so on ... can we just
14 Thanks,
15 --
16 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
17 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/