From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some ideas on how to reduce territoriality
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 16:32:31
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
4
5 ++ I think anything that streamlines the process is a good thing. (Obviously
6 I don't know enough about all the changes to comment on specifics.) Not
7 saying it should be done recklessly, eg SRC_URI changes. How about a simple
8 requirement that anyone who changes something test it before committing?
9 (Isn't this already there?)
10
11 I assume there is already a policy that devs take responsibility for any
12 changes they make.. (That fits with "you broke it, you fix it" [or have it
13 fixed, i guess.;])
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list