From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Adding two USE flags to 2008.0's profiles
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:42:45
1 On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:45 +0100, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>:
3 > > If adding "bluetooth" seems to be a bit much, how about just the "usb"
4 > > USE flag? After all, my UPS won't work with apcupsd without USE="usb"
5 > > on my server... ;]
6 >
7 > I don't know how badly needed bluetooth is (no need here), but I
8 > remember we had to mask USE=bluetooth two times in the last week (KDE
9 > and something else, pulseaudio I think) to not break stable users...so
10 > I consider it a bit of a "cruft".
11
12 Understandable, bluetooth isn't the most mature thing in Linux. It
13 tends to either work or it doesn't.
14
15 OK, then I'll just add "usb" across the board. We can hold off until
16 later for bluetooth support.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Games Developer