From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>, qa@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC stable pushes
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 15:26:05
1 I want to explain about the recent openrc's going directly to stable.
2
3 The team had been testing from the previous stable, 0.9.x series all the
4 way through 0.10.x. We found out recently that releng needed the new
5 openrc stable because of the cds/isos being broken.
6
7 There hadn't been bugs reported, so we started attempting to stabilize
8 0.11.5 so that we could have a stable newer OpenRC for releng.
9
10 When we started stabling, more regressions came up, so we had to fix
11 those. That is why you are seeing several versions go to stable
12 directly on some arch's arch's.
13
14 wrt 0.11.7, a couple of developers looked over the patches with me and
15 we did not see issues. 0.11.8 will be the very last one of these to go
16 stable. Please bear with me on this.
17
18 Thanks,
19