From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: karltk@g.o
Cc: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>, m3thos@×××××××.pt, gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@g.o>, gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev] Sun-jdk 1.4.1_01
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:30:51
1 Are any jre/jdk's being built with gcc 3.2 yet? Particularly the moz
2 plugin.
3
4 BillK
7 On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 07:42, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
8 > On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:13:07 -0500
9 > "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net> wrote:
10 >
11 > > I agree. Since Gentoo does not fix bugs in the JDK, there is very
12 > > little reason not to include it.
13 >
14 > The ticket #8291 "Ebuild for sun-jdk-1.4.1" has been assigned to mkennedy;
15 > he'll most likely solve this when more critical issues have been attended
16 > to.
17 >
18 > The reason why the sun-jdk-1.4.1 hasn't been included is simply because
19 > nobody has gotten around to it yet.
20 >
21 > It should however be some consolation to the Java geeks around that the
22 > blackdown-jdk-1.4.1_beta is available for testing on the x86 platform. Go
23 > play with it and report back bugs and help the Blackdown team as much as
24 > you can.
25 >
26 > We default to Blackdown whenever possible, as it can be downloaded freely
27 > off the net, and mirrored too, unlike the Sun binaries.
30 > Kind regards,
31 >
32 > Karl T
34 > gentoo-user mailing list