From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrites: x11-misc/rednotebook
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2017 13:45:53
1 On 06/02/2017 04:38 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > # Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> (02 Jun 2017)
3 > # Relies on obsolete and vulnerable webkit-gtk version and bundles some libs
4 > # (#597532). Removal in a month.
5 > x11-misc/rednotebook
8 The bundled libs wouldn't be too hard to eliminate, but we didn't have
9 packages for them when I checked. A user requested the last version
10 bump, so somebody's using it, and it isn't very outdated. I filed the
11 bundled-libs bug just so we wouldn't lose track of it.
12
13 The latest version (2.0) supports python-3 and gtk-3:
14
15 == 2.0 (2017-05-19) ==
16 * Port to Python 3 and GTK 3.
17 * Add index of tags to LaTeX export (#324, thanks Alex Schickedanz).
18 * Use new CDN link for MathJax.
19
20 So maybe it makes more sense to bump it.