From: Fred Bulthuis <bulthuis@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] iproute2 bug resolved in new version
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 19:26:37
1 Hi,
2
3 I used the ip utility to do some routing on my 4 nic router/firewall. I was
4 using version ip utility, iproute2-ss010824, which is the same as Gentoo
5 uses. I was using it on a Slackware 8 box but I had some trouble with
6 multipath routing using nexthop. After some time (5-15 minutes or so) the
7 relevant output of ip route show was :
8
9 default
10 nexthop via 213.51.x.1 dev eth3 weight 1
11 nexthop via 212.204.x.1 dev eth1 weight 1
12 nexthop via 212.204.x.1 dev eth2 weight 1 dead
13
14 The dead via wasn't dead at all, it's a bug somewhere and it was resolved in
15 a later release of iproute2. I use ip utility, iproute2-ss020116 and didn't
16 see this dead error any more. Maybe Gentoo should update the iproute2
17 version as well, but I don't know if the Gentoo version was patched to
18 resolve this problem.
19
20 Cheers,
21