From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] anybody interested in writing a Perl ebuild?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:21:47
1 On 25 May 2012 03:05, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > DateTime-Format-RFC3339
3
4 Ah. The dreaded v-strings.
5
6 You'll note: http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/I/IK/IKEGAMI/
7
8 That there is a "v" before the version specifier in the problem dist,
9 and the portage ebuild has not factored this into the equation, and is
10 looking for DateTime-Format-RFC3339-1.0.5.tar.gz when it should be
11 looking for DateTime-Format-RFC3339-v1.0.5.tar.gz
12
13 If you can edit the ebuild source to solve this issue, and then re-run
14 repoman manifest, that might help. But at least we now know what is
15 happening wrong with g-cpan.
16
17 In editing, you'll be wanting to look for varibles ( mostly in SRC_URI
18 and I think S ) which use "${PV}" and change it to use "v${PV}"
19 instead.
23 Kent
24
25 perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,