From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: remove php4 from depend.php and others
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:48:24
1 On 07/11/2010 08:02 AM, Doug Goldstein wrote:
2
3 > If I really need to go to the council with every change, considering
4 > it must be debated on the ML for at least X number of days prior to
5 > going to the council, I'd more likely just remove MythTV from the tree
6 > and maintain it in an overlay. I don't invest a lot of time in the
7 > MythTV ebuilds, but they work for a large majority of people. And when
8 > a new version comes out it requires some retooling and it just works
9 > for everyone.
12 When someone proposes this I'll let you know. What's under discussion is
13 allowing removals to the public API of eclasses by following a
14 documented process (that doesn't involve council approval).
15
16 > So basically, you guys decide.. am I pulling them out of the tree or
17 > am I leaving them in?
20 If you decided to drop maintenance of MythTV in main tree, wouldn't it
21 be a better service to users to try and find a new maintainer (who would
22 possibly merge stuff from your overlay)?
23
24 Regards,
25 Petteri