From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tags vs. categories (was: sci-libs/scipy -> dev-python/scip)
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:06:01
1 On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Tags instead of categories . . . Now here's a very interesting idea, indeed.
4 > Has there ever been a proposal like this for Gentoo?
8 > Tags . . . I like the idea. I like it a lot. Thoughts? Exciting? Or is it an
9 > old issue, and I'm 5 years late to the party. :)
12 Exherbo will change its category system at some point. There has been
13 some discussion about it which may be interesting for people thinking
14 about possible replacements in Gentoo:
15 http://lists.exherbo.org/pipermail/exherbo-dev/2008-May/000149.html
16
17 There was similar discussions in @g-dev but I'm too lazy to start
18 serching the relevant threads.