From: Bryce Porter <bporter@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:28:10
"I'm just thinking along the lines of a minimum binary system where
absolutley needed, and compiling specifically everywhere else? I realise this would
be slow to install on slower systems, but, since we're all power users... ;)

Seriously though, I do think this would be a nice feature, unless there's
some practicality reason I'm missing."

I think this is a great idea. I heard of a GNU/Linux distrobution that
when installed compiled all selected packages from source, making it the
most optimized you could get for your specific machine. I think it was
called Rock Linux or something.

Anyway, I think Tom, yet again, has a very wonderful idea. It may take
awhile to install, but think of how much it would be worth it :)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>