From: Bryce Porter <bporter@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tom
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 18:28:10
1 Tom:
2 "I'm just thinking along the lines of a minimum binary system where
3 absolutley needed, and compiling specifically everywhere else? I realise this would
4 be slow to install on slower systems, but, since we're all power users... ;)
5
6 Seriously though, I do think this would be a nice feature, unless there's
7 some practicality reason I'm missing."
8 -------------------------------------------------------------
9
10 I think this is a great idea. I heard of a GNU/Linux distrobution that
11 when installed compiled all selected packages from source, making it the
12 most optimized you could get for your specific machine. I think it was
13 called Rock Linux or something.
14
15 Anyway, I think Tom, yet again, has a very wonderful idea. It may take
16 awhile to install, but think of how much it would be worth it :)
17
18 Later,
19 Bryce