From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Commercial" software in portage
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:40:33
1 On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 10:14 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >
4 > > My other concern is that
5 > > there is no clear criteria for commercial packages, e.g. are sun-jdk /
6 > > other fetch restricted packages commercial?
7 >
8 > +1
9 > I think the world isn't black and white and we might find things in the
10 > grey area between "commercial" and "non-commercial".
11
12 Not in this case. I'm not trying to make judgements based on the
13 license. I am saying "You need to pay for this."
14
15 If you don't have to hand over money, I'm not adding "commercial" to it.
16 Doing any kind of interpretation of the licenses is GLEP23's territory,
17 not mine.
20 Chris Gianelloni
21 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
22 Games - Developer