From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Fixing eclass code relying on ${IUSE} greps?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:02:50
On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:06:23 +0200
Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:

> Il giorno mer, 14/09/2011 alle 12.38 +0200, Michał Górny ha scritto: > > > > Honestly, I'm ready to remove all relevant code in > > autotools-utils.eclass and fix all ebuilds in gx86 & Sunrise using > > it. But if that's not the path we're going to take, I'd like to > > avoid changing API then. > > If that means that you won't just add --enable-debug/--disable-debug > on ebuilds just because they declare IUSE=debug then please do so. > > It's one of the worst ideas I have ever seen implemented :|
Well, the other thing is IUSE=static-libs. I don't like it either but this is probably a bigger case than the other. The main resolution as I see it, is to simply drop IUSE=static-libs from a lot of ebuilds where static libs aren't actually required by anything or anyone. -- Best regards, Michał Górny