From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFT: x11-misc/genmenu
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:06:53
1 Hi
2
3 This is a request for testing for x11-misc/genmenu -
4 menu generator for various window managers: flux/black-boxes, wmaker and
5 enlightment are supported.
6
7 I think I need to clarify a few things:
8 1) this is *not* the "official gentoo menu generator". That thing was
9 discussed couple times, however to be done right it needs some additions to
10 portage infrastructure (the scripts and the database) and apparently as any
11 "nice gui addition" has relatively low priority. Meanwhile I stumbled upon an
12 app that might partially fill the gap and committed it.
13
14 2) What it does: it merely scans ${PATH} for the apps it knows about and
15 generates menu files for the listed wm's interactively (that is asking if you
16 want meny file to be generated :)) and that is all to it. I modified the
17 script to make backup copies of existing menu files first (stored in the same
18 dir with .orig added).
19
20 Please test and enjoy!
21 Please add your success stories to this thread (I would appreciate them as I
22 need to unmask the ebuild eventually). If you will get any problem, please
23 file a bug report.
24 The ebuild is keymasked (that is you will need to remove '~' from KEYWORDS
25 line for yor arch in ebuild if you do not have ~arch added to your
26 make.conf).
27
28 George