From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:16:44
1 On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 14:22 -0700, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > There already are two levels of Moderator. Global Moderators that have
3 > access to the entire forum and forum specific Moderators that only have
4 > access to one forum ie. the language forums (the arch specific forum
5 > Mods are all official Devs for that Arch anyway). The Global Moderators
6 > and Administrators are the ones who would be covered by this GLEP and
7 > be required to become Official Staff and take the quiz.
8
9 OK... So the Global Moderators would be *required* to become Gentoo
10 staff and get all the good (and bad) that comes with it, correct?
11
12 This would still allow for forum-specific moderators to exist, that are
13 not members of the staff. However, would forum-specific moderators be
14 allowed to become staff? I would think not, to ease confusion. If they
15 want to become staff, then they become a global moderator.
16
17 Make sense?
18
19 > I have already taken the quiz in conjunction with another non-forum
20 > project. You are correct, it was easy.
21 --
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux