From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-print/cndrvcups* up for grabs
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 17:11:49
1 On 10/20/19 1:22 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I almost lost access to the unique printer that was relying on this driver.
5 > Also, even if the current latest version was still working there, it will need a
6 > major update to newer cnRdrvcups driver sooner or later
7 > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cnrdrvcups-lb/
8 > https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/imagerunner-1730i.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=linux
9 >
10 > Hence, the following packages are up for grabs now
11 > net-print/cndrvcups-common-lb
12 > net-print/cndrvcups-lb
13 >
14 > Thanks
15
16 Hey,
17
18 Here's my attempt at updating it. I'd appreciate any kind of testing if
19 you can before I (possibly) push it to the tree. It's based on current
20 cndrvcups-lb ebuild, your work I guess? I posted my ebuild and some
21 additional comments in a bug:
22
23 https://bugs.gentoo.org/695896#c2
24
25 I could use some help decoding that QA notice too, mentioned in the bug...
28 -- juippis