From: twofourtysix <twofourtysix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Software patents
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:12:32
1 I applaud all those people on the Planet who are posting
2 anti-software-patent banners in their blogs. It's good to see yet
3 another major software project taking a stance.
4
5 Are these people prepared to back up their views by removing from the
6 tree all those ebuilds for software made by companies who make heavy
7 use of software patents? That would be far more effective, and may
8 even encourage a few mainstream tech news sources to stop ignoring the
9 issue. I can think of quite a few software-patent friendly companies
10 who are currently gaining significant good PR from being 'supported'
11 by Gentoo.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list