From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 01:24:25
1 On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 02:50 -0500, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > Remember, we switched from quarterly to bi-annual releases for a reason.
6
7 FYI.
8 This archived copy was from 2004
9 http://staff.osuosl.org/~cshields/gentoosurvey/#doc_chap8
10
11 We may wish to consider rerunning this survey annually to see where we
12 stand.
15 > We simply didn't have the man power, CPU power, nor time to do vigorous
16 > enough testing in the much more shortened time frame. I'm going to be
17 > asking for Release Testers again once I return, and if last year's turn
18 > out was any indicator (50+ people volunteering, about 5 actually helping
19 > *at all*), the chances of a project such as nightly builds ever taking
20 > off is well beyond our means at this time.
23 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
24 Gentoo Linux
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list