From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gtk/gtk2/gtk3 USE flag situation
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:28:18
1 On 27/05/16 02:23 PM, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > If gtk2 support is removed though, then per gnome policy gtk3 component
3 > should come with USE=gtk and per QA policy USE=gtk3.
4 >
5 > The QA policy is not finalized and completely contradicts our side of
6 > things, hence discussions are needed, but did not conclude.
7 > This is a thread to continue this discussion, I suppose.
10 Agreed -- it sounds like gnome and QA need to sit down and come to
11 concensus, and then we can work out the plan to move forward.
12
13 I think as long as the rest of us aren't bound to using only gtk3 if
14 our packages support gtk2 and we want to maintain said gtk2 support,
15 we should be fine with whatever decision you two groups come up with.