From: Francesco R <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:46:46
1 On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Someone here want people install paludis? because when I've switched to
5 > > python 3.0 just out of curiosity, it broke totally that python written
6 > > package manager who is portage.
7 > > So another package manager was needed to re-install a sane portage.
8 >
9 > No it wasn't. [1] You just didn't know that ( which is completely
10 > understandable ). Just as you must not have understood the implications of
11 > emerge -C python:2.6. I don't want to be mean but would you like to
12 > enlighten
13 > us as to how you managed to unemerge python:2.6 while using python3 when
14 > portage didn't work with python3.
15 >
16 > [1]
17 > http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/amd64/dev-lang/python-2.6.2-
18 > r1.tbz2
19 >
20 > I did not unmerge <python-3, I was in hard multitasking mode so I could not
21 reconstruct how it broken so badly, also tinderbox packages work better if
22 the CFLAGS used are the same, which is not always true.
26 > > Still, do you really want to have it in tree as stable? Really?
27 >
28 > Yes really.
29 >
30 > what said in the previous message which you snipped, eselect python should
31 forget about >=python-3 is still valid IMHO