From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:34:49
1 On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:24:27 -0500 "Nathan L. Adams" <nadams@××××.org>
2 wrote:
3 | I'm also commenting on the part that *wrongly* states "It is not
4 | reasonable to expect all users to have an MTA, *web browser*, email
5 | client, cron daemon or text processing suite available on their
6 | system. In particular, this means that any markup to be parsed must
7 | be in a very simple format."
8 |
9 | *ALL* of the official docs are GuideXML; Gentoo *expects* users to
10 | have a web browser by default. Otherwise a vast majority of users
11 | would never get Gentoo installed in the first place. The
12 | "lightweight" requirement appears to just be your way of subverting
13 | the current documentation standards (because of your XML hatred).
14
15 I don't have a web browser installed on my server. Do you?
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm