From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild? Reply-To:
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 03:23:12
1 On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 09:06:36PM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The way that it's been presented throughout this thread made it seem
4 > > like the network configurations when using e.g. networkd were being
5 > > stored in there.
6 >
7 > So, with the new udev what I gather is:
8 > 1. Config settings (the stuff you're intended to change) go in /etc -
9
10 Correct.
11
12 > dhcp/static/whatever.
13
14 I don't know what this has to do with udev, it doesn't know anything
15 about dhcp/static anything.
16
17 > 2. Default udev rule goes into /usr.
18
19 Not /usr, /lib.
20
21 Other packages that install udev rules are also putting their defaults
22 in there.
23
24 > 3. If you want to override the default persistant name rule you can
25 > do that in /etc, but it is preferred now that you edit the config file
26 > in /etc instead.
27
28 I'm not following what you mean here.
29
30 William