From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintainer needed: dev-db/sqlite
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:10:12
1 Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > The current (proxied) maintainer is somewhat difficult to work with
3
4 Why is Arfrever being treated so bad here? To me, it looks like
5 you're the one who is difficult to work with. :\
8 Jakov Smolić wrote:
9 > From what I've investigated, other major distributions don't apply
10 > any similar patches which means that we are likely to stop carrying
11 > most (or even all) of the current patches.
12
13 What kind of silly groupthink is this? I expect Gentoo to champion choice.
16 Mike Gilbert wrote:
17 > There is an open QA bug [1] regarding the large set of undocumented
18 > patches that are being applied in the stable ebuilds.
19
20 Arfrever is active in the bug you linked, has provided explanations
21 for the patches and prepared to restructure the patches so that they
22 can be gated by local USE flags, has made several different concrete
23 suggestions for possible implementations and requested feedback, but
24 has received no reply in the bug and instead there's now this
25 backstabbing discussion on this list.
26
27 Really?
30 //Peter