From: "Marcelo Góes" <vanquirius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:37:08
1 On 12/27/05, John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > What if upstream is more than one person, but less than an organization? What
3 > if there is more than one upstream such as for gentoo-sources, where the
4 > maintainer of each of the patchsets could be considered an upstream?
5
6 I don't see a problem with having multiple "name" and "email" fields.
7 Perhaps there could be an additional "description" tag to discriminate
8 what each person is responsible for.
9
10 > if this is to be subject to automated processing, shouldn't there be a
11 > registry of valid "type" values maintaining a definition of what the value of
12 > the element corresponds to for each type?
13
14 Yes. Thus far, I have in mind freshmeat, sourceforge and cpan, but
15 other types can be added later.
16