From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 21:15:13
1 On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 4:00 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Are there any useful checks or behaviors of repoman that are missing
4 > from pkgcheck and pkgcommit?
5
6 Would it make sense to package pkgcommit or otherwise stick it
7 somewhere official? I know there is a copy on mgorny's github
8 repo/blog, but if this is going to become the recommended way to do
9 commits we might want to stick it someplace a bit more canonical, and
10 having it in a package would ensure that if there are any changes they
11 get distributed.
12
13 Obviously there are other ways to set it, but it lacks obtaining the
14 gpg key to use from make.conf. I'm not sure that is really the best
15 place to put it in any case. Just figured I'd point it out.
18 Rich