From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: m68k, s390, and sh are dropping stable keywords
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:55:23
1 On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:23:35 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 >
6 > >> The problem with that is that we don't track the keyword status of
7 > >> an arch anywhere in profiles, so tools like ekeyword or
8 > >> ebuild-mode in Emacs have no way of obtaining that information
9 > >> (other than hardcoding it).
10 >
11 > > we do track it with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
12 >
13 > Yeah, but that's scattered all over the place and not easily
14 > accessible, without fully resolving all interdependencies between
15 > profiles.
16 >
17 > $ grep -lr ACCEPT_KEYWORDS /usr/portage/profiles | wc -l
18 > 99
19
20 it could be 'fixed' by kindly asking and moving ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
21 setting to the 'advertised profile', that is in ${dir}/make.defaults
22 where ${dir} is the directory listed in profiles.desc