From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Adding available as a mentor bit to LDAP
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:57:41
1 On Monday 11 February 2008 14:47:35 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Often we have someone wanting to become a dev and we need a to find a
3 > mentor for him. What do you think about adding a status bit to LDAP that
4 > would mark you as available for mentoring? Recruiters could then use
5 > this info to forward people to these developers.
6 >
7 > Regards,
8 > Petteri
9
10 While I certainly agree that such a status bit is useful, there is perhaps
11 some more stuff that could be added. To be more exact, it might be useful to
12 have, say, a person who is willing to mentor someone interested in general
13 ebuilds/media-related stuff/fonts/X11. In this way, it is more obvious who to
14 contact other than a list of developers marked as 'available'.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Thomas