From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devs on IRC (was :Regen2 ( was QA Overlay Layout support ))
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:44:25
1 Steev Klimaszewski wrote:
2 > memoserv
5 Did you not read a single word of what I just said? memoserv only allows
6 1-1 communication. I'm talking about methods which allow for 1:many or
7 many:many. memoserv also doesn't solve the bus issue or really provide
8 any permanent record of communication (AFAIK there's no SLA on memoserv,
9 which means if Freeserve decides to delete all your memos tomorrow, they
10 are gone for good).
11
12 Websites and mailing lists don't have these issues because they get
13 archived and mirrored everywhere (gmane, google, archive.org) - a fact
14 which made itself very apparent when Gentoo Wiki went down last year
15 (where virtually all the old content was recovered from google cache and
16 mirrored, as well as being available 6 months later on archive.org).
17
18 <Stops before he repeats even more of what he just said>
19
20 AllenJB