From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Forums - New old project leads
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:49:13
1 According to the TLP policies, project leads have to be voted upon (or
2 lose the lottery) for each project once a year at least.
3 As a consequence, i've been nice to all the members of the forums
4 project for the last weeks (hey, i even made a trip to the Gentoo UK
5 meeting to bribe Tom and Jonathan with beer).
6 Appearently my plan worked, and i got re-elected - however we decided
7 that instead of project lead and co-leads we're going to have two
8 equal leads - me and Anders (kallamej).
9 This reflects the way we've been working anyway for the last year and
10 is in no way a consequence of an incident involving a ninja, me, a
11 fairy costume and a pony.
12
13 Tom (tomk) was and will be leader of the technical subproject, which
14 is responsible for risking innocent people's lives and sanity in the
15 dangerous, toxic phpBB mines digging for code. Our (as of this moment)
16 former co lead Ian will also join him in the subproject formally, as
17 he's been doing that stuff anyway more than anything else.
18
19 So, having said all that formal stuff, i'd also like to thank everyone
20 who helped with the forums project in the last year, be it as a
21 moderator, phpBB hacker, infra monkey, helpful user or someone i just
22 forgot to mention now. I really enjoy Gentoo and especially the
23 forums, so i'm looking forward to the next year.
24
25 cheers,
26 Wernfried
29 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
30 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
31 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org