From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: current portage rsnapshot can eat your backups
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:40:58
1 On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 07:23:27AM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > > Please file a bug on https://bugs.gentoo.org so I can fix this. No, I
3 > > don't accept bug reports on gentoo-dev ML :)
4 >
5 > Will do but I wanted this to be posted because anyone running
6 > rsnapshot might lose some backups. What happens is the cp fails but
7 > the rotation still occurs so after a few rotations all the hourlys are
8 > deleted.
9 >
10 > Do you think this should be posted on the `user' list too?
11 Up to you really. I'm too busy atm to bother with anything outside of
12 fixing the issue which I hope to do later today.
13
14 Regards,
15 Bryan Østergaard
16 --