From: Julien Herfurth <jherfurth@××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maybe it is time to put portage queries into a database.
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:36:47
1 On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 00:16, jesse wrote:
2 > I would say options, tools and the ability to do this sorta stuff should
3 > be optional. I don't wan't to have to run mysql on my laptop however
4 > having portage db in a dbfile would be handy. On the other hand i run 8
5 > machines in my house on Gentoo, and having each machines info and db's
6 > in my mysql server here would be a great boon ( already using local
7 > syncing and nfs mounted dist dirs)
8 >
9 > using DBI this could make it pretty easy to support
10 > mysql/postrgesql/dbfiles. Isn't there already a project out there doin
11 > somthing with mysql ?
12
13 see also sqlite
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list