From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: www-client/chromium-bin
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 09:25:04
1 On 3/5/11 12:51 AM, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
2 > Dne 5.3.2011 00:46, Alex Alexander napsal(a):
3 >> Chromium has its own version of webkit :)
4 > For this lovely thing it should be webkit-gtk
5
6 Actually, Alex is right. Chromium has its own port of WebKit, different
7 from Qt and GTK ports. Reasons for that include sandboxing, process
8 separation, and little rendering differences (for example using the skia
9 library).
10
11 This might be possible to change in the future (a separate library to
12 possibly avoid recompilations), but for now I'm not aware of any effort
13 to do that (it's really non-trivial).
14