From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The Age of the Universe
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 13:07:06
1 Either MTA or MUA brokeness. Another email I have to send a second time. :(
2
3 On Sunday 03 September 2006 00:42, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
4 > And waiting other 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 months won't change the thing. Why? Because
5 > we have _no_ accessibility team right now.
6
7 Well, the bug is assigned to williamh, who is not /completely/ inactive. I
8 wonder, if only 37 commits in more than two years suffices for cvs access,
9 though.
10
11 > If we had one, the problem would
12 > have been solved. Unfortunately that software is doomed to lag behind the
13 > rest of Gentoo unless someone maintain it. If it wasn't for the need of
14 > that software by some users, probably treecleaners would have removed that
15 > already.
16 >
17 > In _this_ particular case, the notice interval is not important.
18
19 You're wrong here. What I'm inclined about is that we had (leastwise) a
20 fourteen day short notice to when the releaase snapshot would be taken. To
21 the end of this time frame there was another one that we'd release with GCC
22 4.x. Even if we had enough people to deal with everything thrown at us,it
23 would have been impossible to fix and stabilize the relevant packages on all
24 architectures.
25
26 If I had known this as estimated goal two months earlier, I'd had switched to
27 GCC 4.x a while before and noticed the bug, instead when it is too late. I
28 consider this part of what is broken within Gentoo communication-wise.
31 Carsten