From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Technical talk ideas for FOSDEM
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:05:44
1 On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:50:55PM +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I tried getting input for talks from gentoo-user but so far there have
3 > been no responses. Currently there aren't that many talks proposed for
4 > the distribution miniconf so it should be easy to get purely Gentoo
5 > related topics in. So what kind of Gentoo related talks would you like
6 > to see and possibly would attend at FOSDEM? Please present your ideas
7 > and I will then try and find speakers + get them submitted.
8 >
9 > Regards,
10 > Petteri
11 >
12 Hi Petteri,
13
14 I would be interested in a topic related to the current status of the
15 project. Are we in the same state that we used to be e.g. 4 years ago?
16 If yes, what is our future strategy and plans? If no, why? Which areas
17 are our weakest link? Why we are not as "strong" as we used to be?
18 I do not want to attent another presentation
19 saying "ye ye use flags, optimization, cflags etc". I am looking for a
20 more realistic and abstract approach for the project overall.
23 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
24 Gentoo Linux Developer
25 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
26 Key ID: 441AC410
27 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410