From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Change policy about live ebuilds
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:08:15
1 On 11/21/10 20:30, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 >> Actually not. Users are already familiar with the -9999 concept so there
3 >> is no point to add extra obstacles in their way. I am trying to find out
4 >> corner cases where double masking makes sense. Otherwise it makes no
5 >> sense to me. Actually the majority of users get confused when a package
6 >> is double masked. Just drop by forums etc and you will see :)
7 >
8 > Again, that's the point. If you can't figure out how to get around a
9 > double mask then you have no business installing live ebuilds.
10
11 I know how to do it and still am grateful if I don't have to do both of
12 them. It's not about users only.
15 > If you want to change the policy to recommend
16 > dropping keywords rather than using package.mask then I support it.
17
18 +1 for KEYWORDS="". Less effort, less likely to break the tree.
22 Sebastian