From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Cc: stuart@g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRP set consolidation
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:01:22
1 On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 19:41, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > On 22 May 2004, at 00:09, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Friday 21 May 2004 23:11, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
5 > >> The other take on this is gentoopix and what it will provide.
6 > >
7 > > What is gentoopix? Does it have a GLEP number? ;-)
11 Pieter -
12 I am slowly but steadily working through that REMARKS file ;) I like the
13 idea of what you are proposing, in fact, I really like it. I think the
14 users would be keen to dropping in a graphical LiveCD and being able to
15 emerge packages right off of the livecd fs.
16
17 Rac just submitted some packages to me for a "stage4" - which is a
18 stage3 w/ more packages. Perhaps we could extend this into the gentoopix
19 idea and use stage4s to build our livecds? (btw, what does gentoopix
20 stand for?).
21
22 I think we could implement this fairly easily, let me know what you are
23 thinking. We might want to keep our stages and minimal livecds around to
24 save users from having to download big CDs if they want to install
25 Gentoo (for our low bandwidth folks).
26
27 Cheers,
28 --
29 John Davis
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
32
33 ----
34 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
35 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47