From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stricter --newuse settings
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:21:39
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > I know that newuse is stricter now. but do my packages really have to
3 > want to rebuild because a flag was hard masked. e.g. arts when I had
4 > -arts in my make.conf already? seems like it's a little too strict.
5
6 You are free to file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org. If a flag goes from
7 'off' to 'masked on your arch' then the flag shouldn't show up in newuse
8 (IMHO). However I haven't looked at the code that manages it in some
9 time so I am unsure if this is the case.
10
11 In the end before filing the bug make sure you have can explain exactly
12 which use case you are referring to.
13
14 Thanks,
15