From: rick philbrick <rickbluebrick@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] grub and preloading modules
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 01:52:59
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 So many questions to ask.. I'll choose just one today.
4
5 I am trying to get sw/raid (RAID 1) on a gentoo box w/
6 2 ide channels to boot up as a mirrored disk array. I
7 have read thru Howtos and noticed that they discuss
8 the passing of options thru lilo. But since gentoo
9 uses GRUB and not lilo how am I going to make this
10 work?
11
12 I have followed the instructions, I have had some
13 success in that both disks are accessable but I can't
14 boot to the /dev/md0 device, the array.
15
16 Thoughts and comments always welcome,
17 RIckp
18
20 Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
21 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/