From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] REQUIRED_USE="test" vs. repoman
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 20:06:16
1 On 11/08/2014 11:49 AM, Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > it seems to be a quasi-standard in the tree to use REQUIRED_USE
5 > if the tests of some package need USE flags. However, repoman
6 > complains:
7 >
8 > REQUIRED_USE.syntax 1
9 > media-libs/leptonica/leptonica-1.71-r1.ebuild: REQUIRED_USE: USE flag
10 > 'test' is not in IUSE
11 >
12 > I commited with -f, because I think repoman is wrong. Any opinions?
13
14 Since EAPI 5, you need to either add test to IUSE, or else we need to
15 add the test flag to IUSE_IMPLICIT in the base profile (that would
16 require some discussion of pros/cons).
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac