From: Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "RFC": Automated Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:41:17
1 On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:00:32PM +0200, Christopher Korn wrote:
2 > Hi Togehter!
3 >
4 > Because of this fact i wanted to ask what you are thinking about such a
5 > system. In my opinion such a feature will save much money and some companies
6 > can migrate more easily to distributions like gentoo. it also saves a lot of
7 > money and the annoying reinstallation tasks for the administrators :)
8 I forgot the link to the gentoo installer project.
9 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/installer/index.xml
10 Check the "Automated deployment" and "Deployment server" part in
11 "Initial design specifications" and you will pretty much find it
12 to be what you proposed.
16 Björn Michaelsen
17 pub 1024D/C9E5A256 2003-01-21 Björn Michaelsen <bmichaelsen@×××.de>
18 Key fingerprint = D649 8C78 1CB1 23CF 5CCF CA1A C1B5 BBEC C9E5 A256