From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] utf-8 fixes for metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 00:16:22
1 I've just gone through and fixed all of the broken utf-8 in metadata.xml
2 files. I think... There was rather a lot of it due to various editor
3 bugs which I'm hoping are no longer an issue. Requests:
4
5 - Could anyone who can read whatever language 'vi' is please check a few
6 of the category metadata.xml files?
7
8 - Could anyone editing metadata.xml files please do a 'cvs diff' and
9 check that whatever you did didn't screw up any encodings? Usually you
10 can tell by checking that cvs diff isn't giving you any expected lines
11 changed on things that contain strange characters. If things do seem to
12 be going screwy, please let me know what you were doing that did it so
13 that I can figure out whether we still have broken editors / tools out
14 there... If you're entering utf-8 I'd hope that you'd know how to check
15 already :)
16
17 - If anyone is still going to throw a hissy fit and refuse to play nice
18 with this utf-8 thing, please let me know now so that I don't waste more
19 time fixing things.
20
21 There are still broken ChangeLogs and one or two h0rked ebuilds in the
22 tree. I'll get to those once I'm sure that I'm not wasting my time.
25 Ciaran McCreesh
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list