From: Anna <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Rust is here to eat your Pythonz
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 09:49:38
1 On 2022-07-26 08:42, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > Just a quick FYI: since Rust is going to be marked stable on the last
5 > architecture (sparc) that it's going to support in Gentoo, we're going
6 > to start cleaning up old dev-python/cryptography soon. If you don't
7 > want Rust, removing cryptography entirely will be your only option.
8
9 I see three solutions here (except installing rust):
10
11 1) Stick to old cryptography/pyopenssl (if none of vulnerabilities
12 impact revdeps)
13
14 2) Kindly ask upstream to switch to PyCryptodome
15
16 3) Write a library that implements cryptography API using PyCryptodome
17
18 The last option is kinda useless but fun. If you find it interesting,
19 contact me.