From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bug 80905
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:28:13
1 Hello,
2
3 this bug is from 2005-02-05. It was reported again (in this thread)
4 2005-02-10. I hit the same behavior 2005-09-08.
5
6 internal compiler error: segmentation fault during emerge Xorg
7
8 The bug is simply reproducible (emerge Xorg) at the same line of code.
9
10 The bug is still marked as NEW. Donnie Berkholz replied 2005-02-10 with:
11 "Could you humor me and try with a vanilla kernel?"
12
13 My questions here: Does someone have a look at this? I think a not
14 installable Xorg is severe enough to mark it as CRITICAL.
15
16 Does someone know if it's worth a try with the vanilla and if vanilla
17 here means a really vanilla from kernel.org or if it's sufficient to get
18 the (too patched and thus not so vanilla) vanilla-sources.
19
20 Please be kind with me regarding to the fact that I'm posting here. On
21 the gentoo mailing list I get only replies like: "You probably have
22 faulty memory." If THIS would be the fact the bug would show up randomly
23 in different ebuilds or at least at different lines of code.
24
25 Thanks in advance for every hint
26 Frank
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list