From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [EAPI 7] The future goals for PORTDIR, ECLASSDIR and... LICENSEDIR?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:25:57
1 On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:29:31 -0500
2 NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Probably not the ideal solution given that you seem to prefer removal of such variables, but a REPODIR variable which is set to the directory where the repo is (basically making PORTDIR dynamic and setting it on a per package basis) could enable developers to reference their repo when needed, allowing variable use in a multi repo system. Additionally, if that idea is liked, I think an array of the repos masters and/or their dirs (or some functions to access that information) could also be useful. Like get_masters and get_repo_dir functions.
5
6 I'd really prefer if we implemented stuff that people need rather than
7 random ideas that people may one day find some abusive use for. Plus,
8 we don't want to bind EAPI into specific repository structure. Plus, as
9 axs pointed out, that doesn't help anyone unless they want to
10 reimplement whole masters logic in every ebuild needing that.
13 Best regards,
14 Michał Górny
15 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>