From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: $svcdir options (was baselayout-1.13 going into ~ARCH soon)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:12:40
1 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o> posted
2 200611071156.28175.uberlord@g.o, excerpted below, on Tue, 07 Nov
3 2006 11:56:27 +0000:
4
5 > So - how do people feel about always keeping [svcdir] mounted as a
6 > ramdisk (default tmpfs, then ramfs then ramdisk) in
7 > /lib/rcscripts/init.d? [W]e would could remove around 60 lines of
8 > code[.]
9 >
10 > The only downside is that ramdisk and BSD users do then have the
11 > potential to run out of space, but I've yet to see my 1meg svcdir on BSD
12 > go over 13% usage.
13 >
14 > So does this make everyone happy?
15
16 I like it, especially the idea of simplifying that code and eliminating one
17 more place bugs could hide. =8^)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list