From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-pda - new ebuilds
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:36:57
1 I have committed the following ebuilds to app-pda and marked them as
2 ~x86
3
4 synce-rra
5 synce-multisync_plugin
6 multisync
7
8 Please test and report any bugs.
9
10 nb: I do not have any bluetooth enabled devices so I am unable to test
11 that aspect of multisync, feedback from those who can test these
12 features is welcome.
13
14 Multisync client allows you to sync your PDA/phone with your desktop.
15 It uses a nifty plugin system that enables support for new devices and
16 desktop clients to be added easily.
17
18 The multisync plugin makes use of the following USE flags:
19 evo - build the evolution sync plugin
20 *irmc - build the irmc/irda/bluetooth sync plugin (for phones)
21 [pulls in blueZ-utils and irda-utils]
22 *opie - build the opie plugin, allows you to sync from PDAs that
23 are based on the Opie distribution
24 (Zaurus?)
25 ldap - build the experimental ldap plugin, allows you to sync
26 your address book to/from an ldap server
27
28 * = local use flags
29
30 Please note:
31 o If you have USE="gtk2" and you add "evo", then Evolution-1.4.x will be
32 pulled in as a dep.
33 o If you have USE="-gtk2" and you add "evo", then Evolution-1.2.x will
34 be pulled in as a dep.
35
36 For multisynce usage instructions please visit: http://multisync.sf.net
39 synce-multisync_plugin is the bridge between the synce project and
40 multisync. Using this applications it is possible to sync your
41 Contacts/Calendar/Tasks from your WinCE PDA to Evolution.
42
43 For instructions on configuring synce and communicating with your PDA
44 please visit: http://synce.sf.net
48 Troy Dack Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
49 tad@g.o look around once in awhile, you could miss out.
50
51 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
52 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C