From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:23:08
1 On Friday 13 June 2008 11:18:53 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
2 > Wait, what?
3 >
4 > "Where possible" ?
5
6 You'd prefer us to do impossible things too?
7
8 > PMS is supposed to be a specification which is as close to Gentoo's
9 > Official Package manager's behaviour as possible while (preferably)
10 > leaving out deprecated behaviour. But right now you're saying:
11 >
12 > "We're writing a spec that's somewhat like Portage, but where it
13 > breaks Paludis, we prefer to get Portage to change it's behaviour
14 > instead. Don't crib about this however. We could just have easily have
15 > created a whole new spec which broke Portage completely."
18 No, we're saying nothing of the sort. Please feel free to browse the history
19 and see where we've changed both Paludis and PMS to match Portage, when we
20 become aware of differences - preferably before posting such nonsense in
21 future.
22
23 > PS: An example of something in PMS that is different from Portage:
24 > inline comments are disallowed. The only reason I can think for doing
25 > this is to not make Paludis change it's behaviour.
26
27 Fortunately you don't have to think, you can just read Ciaran's explanation.
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list